About me 🙋🏻♂️
My pronouns are he/him.
I’m the former software engineer who thought like a designer his whole career.
I’m a visual designer, born and raised in the greater Seattle area.
As someone who never quite fit in, I’ve always been curious about how labels shape our identities. These are a few of my labels: ISTJ, capricon, introvered, type A, Ismaili Muslim, Gujarati, first-generation college graduate.
I’m inspired by peak performances, from Michael Jordan in the NBA Finals to The Weeknd performing at the Super Bowl halftime show.
I spend my free time volunteering with the Ismaili Muslim community on various (sometimes creative) projects.
I’m currently applying to graduate programs in graphic design while running my independent design business, ntrsct (in•ter•sect) designs.
This is my approach to any situation, personally or professionally. This is the unique contribution I bring to the world.
Any weakness can be overcome with great effort.
Create the future
Start with the end in mind, work towards the plan, adjust as needed.
Seek growth constantly
Knowledge is power, so learn from the greats; success leaves clues.
Enable understanding through transparency
Use clear & direct communication, translate if necessary.
Think from a unique perspective
Think inside, outside, and about the box itself.
Exciting things I've done in the past
- May 17, 2021 – Made With Love podcast - Shakeel's Journey (part 2)
- March 30, 2021 – Made With Love podcast - Shakeel's Journey (part 1)
- March 12, 2021 – Agile Mentality in Business with Love Nescio - @lovenescio on Instagram
- Aug 4, 2020 – Announcing the Newest Version of SimData
- May 21, 2020 – Meet Shakeel Mohamed. He's the founder of ntrsct designs - @thehealthaisle on Instagram
See the full list here